Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Who's Ready For Fitness in 2010? I Am!!! I Am!!!

It's here ... 2010 ... Time to bust out the calendar and plan out my fitness goals and log my events down. For those of you who are a willing participant, I am a good Captain, and I will lead you in the right direction. It is my intent for 2010 to be the fittest that I have ever been. For this reason, I will post the events that I am planning to participate in.

Are you ready to go? Pull your calendar's out, grab a pen, and let's get started ...


January 1st, Friday: the PERFECT day to begin. It's the Resolutions Run in Auburn. 5k, 10k or 10 miles. I am planning to run the 10 mile run. NO excuses. I am working on New Years Eve - all night! Yep, from 7pm to 7am. The run starts at 1pm so I'll have time to catch a quick power nap while my hubby drives us up there and right before check in. http://www.active.com/running/auburn-ca/resolution-run-2010

January 2nd, Saturday: TBF Racing's New Year's Duathalon! Run 2miles, Bike 7miles, Run 2miles ... it's free!!! Another no excuses day! TBF is graciously offering their services to teach us the Du! http://www.tbfracing.com/events/newyeardu.html

February 7th, Sunday: Kaiser Permanente's Annual Half Marathon and 5k, San Francisco, CA. I'll be running the Half Marathon. http://xnet.kp.org/sanfrancisco/index.html

March 13, Saturday: Stockton Shamrock Run. No web information or sign-ups posted yet, but will be soon on http://onyourmarkevents.com/

March 14, Sunday: Shamrock'n Half Marathon, Sacramento, CA. Okay ... I got talked into this one, but it makes sense because my running buddy, Mac Donahoo, and I have set a goal to become Half-Fanatics!!! http://www.shamrocknhalf.com/

April 24th, Saturday: It's the Annual Kaiser Permanente Spear-It Run. Easy and FUN in Downtown Stockton, Cali. 1mile, 5k, 5mile. Last year I ran the 5mile, and this year I'll run the same! Come to Stockton, get your run on, then have you some asparagus! No web information or sign-ups yet, but will be posted soon on http://onyourmarkevents.com/

April 25, Sunday: Okay, this is new. My friend Mac Donahoo wants me to consider running in Big Sur. 21 miles. Something to consider ... Big Sur is beautiful. It's funny because I was thinking that I wanted to run the half marathon that they have, but in November. This event also has a 9 miler, 10 miler, and a kids 5K. http://www.bsim.org/The_Twenty_Fifth_Presentation.htm

May, 2010 ... Still researching and searching for events. I'm thinking I'll just rest this month out! LOL!

May 01, 2010 ... Sacramento's American River Parkway Half. Half marathon that benefits the American River Parkway ... such a nice run!

June 6, Sunday: Muddy Buddy, San Jose! Oh boy! This is a definite must. This will be my 4th Muddy Buddy and it's a BLAST! A buddy duathalon ... approximate distance is 10K ... run, bike, run! I'm passionate about this event, and suggest it to everyone that I know. Last year we had a great group of people who got together to "Du" it ... I'm expecting the same turn-out this year! Check it out on http://www.muddybuddy.com/

July 26, Sunday: Wharf-to-Wharf, Santa Cruz, California! This is a nice, fun 10k run! Sign ups for this race begin in April, and it sells out fast. Check out the website at http://www.wharftowharf.com/

August, 2010 ... no info yet this early in the game, but I'm hoping that the Modesto Midnight Half-Marathon is a "go" again this year! Last year was the first annual one, and I enjoyed running in the dark, however, not many people did. There are a few kinks to workout so as soon as there is information out on it, I'll be sure and let everyone know. For now, just keep watching the blog, as I intend to update it regularly!

September, 2010 ... still searching for events!

September 25, 2010 ... WolfPack Events - Fall Showdown, San Pablo. Half Marathon in Concord, CA.

October 17, Sunday ... This is the day of the Annual Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco. Sign-ups usually start in March, BUT ... it's a lottery so, unfortunately, it is NOT a guarantee that you will get in once you sign up. This will be my third marathon should I "win" the lottery again! I have always dedicated this run to my Dad, as this marathon benefits the Leukemia Lymphoma Society. It is during this time that I will seek donations/contributions and post a website to my donation link. I'll keep you posted when sign-ups begin so we can all enter the lottery together!
*Update* I'm in ... I won the lottery again. I'll be running NWM 2010!!!


October 23, Saturday: I'm anticipating that this will be the day of the Annual Nike Human Race. It's a 10k run anywhere ... you just have to have Nike+! Last year, I was fortuantely to meet Sarah Kay Hoffman, Nike Human Race Ambassador. We ran the 10K at Fleet Feet of Stockton. Good times. As it gets closer to the event, I'll remind everyone, but information can be found on http://nikerunning.nike.com/

October 31, Sunday: Down and Dirty Mud Run, Sacramento, CA. First annual Down and Dirty Mud Run!!! A 10 K with obstacles. Presented by the same promoters of the Muddy Buddy, it is similar, however no biking.


November 13, Saturday: First Annual Veteran's Half and Fun 5k. I signed up for this event last year, however it was cancelled at the last minute! =( I'm hoping that this year it will not be cancelled and I'll be able to get the day off again this year! I'll request the night off again and see what happens. I'll sign up for the Half-Marathon when it comes up! This event was not scheduled, therefore, it's a NO Go!!! But ...

November 14, Sunday:First Annual Stockton Half Marathon. I'm in for this one. Stockton's first half marathon?!?! I'm all about staying close to home.

November 25, Thursday: Stockton's Annual Run Against Hunger. It's a 5k and 10k run. Last year I ran the 10k! Too much fun! Come on out, run, then get your grub on! You'll be able to eat your Thanksgiving dinner without guilt!

December 05 2010: California International Relay Challenge. Signed up with my running buddy, Mac Donahoo. We are team "MiniRow and The MACHine." Excited! We will each be running a half marathon. Mac will start, and I will pick up at leg 3 ... =)

So many things that I desire to do ... so little time!!! I have a goal to be a Half-Fanatic in 2010! That means that I need to up my game and find more events closer together.

I am open to various events. That means ... if you hear of any events that you think I'd enjoy, let me know and I'll go with you! My goal is to run at least 4 half marathons this year. I like 10ks because they're fast and easy. I'm always looking for places to go, and even "Staycations." It's crazy to say that my family vacations are usually centered around where the events are, but it's fun, and I am thankful that I have an understanding family that doesn't mind being "dragged" from place to place. Usually I try to get them involved also and participate, and sometimes (only sometimes) I'm successful.

I am a member of InShape Health Clubs and American Martial Arts Academy both in Stockton, California. I also have a pass to Bikram Yoga Stockton. I run, bike, kickbox. I have a black belt in Krav Maga, and I practice hot yoga! I love resistance training. I enjoy working out with others and am open to trying new things. You may very well see me running or biking out and about in Stockton - if you do, don't hesitate to come out and join me. (If you see me and I don't respond to your honking and/or yelling ... don't get upset if I don't acknowledge you ... it's because I'm running with my iPod on at full blast!) I am an exercise DVD and equipment hoard ... hahaha! P90X? Got it! Insanity? Yep! Elliptical? Uh-huh. Treadmill, weights, resistance bands, punching bags, exercise balls, medicine balls, jump ropes, pull-up bar ... I've got those, too! I carry a gym bag packed with workout clothing and running shoes in my trunk , as well as equipment! See, NO EXCUSES! Absolutely NONE!

Let's make 2010 the best year ever!! We can motivate, encourage, help, and hold each other accountable for staying on track as we get and STAY in shape TOGETHER! Let's goooo ... it'll be so much FFFFUUUNNN!!!

Follow me on http://www.nikerunning.com/ (user name: MiniRowRow), http://www.twitter.com/MiniRowRow , and http://www.facebook.com/MiniRowRow ! You can also find some of my crazy (easy) runs mapped out on http://www.mapmyrun.com/.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing goals Row. I'm sure you will do great in all.

    I hope to join you in the Nike Women's Marathon. First I have to convince the hubby and then I have to get lucky in the lottery.

    ReplyDelete